ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Red Tulips....


oh, me; oh, my...there is "Something About Red Tulips" 
that sends my spirits soaring... 

I cannot recall ever planting bulbs in Texas (while many other gardeners did, I just never attempted it).  It was during my first spring in WNY that I discovered the sheer thrill that the "bloomin' bulbs" brought me while on walks about the neighborhood. As I'd take in the splendor of the blooms, my subconscious noted them as harbingers of sunnier and warmer days to come.  Everywhere I'd look...there would be these gorgeous blooming peepers...a brilliant oil painting against the dark green lawns...delicate yet stately flowers painted the landscape with hues of yellows and reds and pinks and purples and even more colors of the rainbow.  YOWZA!  

So...off to Home Depot I went (hidey-ho)...bought me a bulb shovel/planter (whatever it is called) and some packages of daffodils and tulips...(check out my daffodil blog from months past to find out the type of tulip...for the life of me, I can't remember the name right now...oohahhhhh)...

Take a "peek" at the glory our red tulips in the front flower bed brought us each day.....la la la la la, life IS good....



No comments:

Post a Comment