ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Garden Walk...

Summer is definitely in full bloom in our neck of the country.  Everywhere you look, gardens abound with rainbows of color...reds and yellows and purples and pinks and whites and oranges--all such a treat for the soul.

And so, I wanted to record a little "garden walk" of my own by capturing the flowers that greet us every day as we walk outside our side entry door to be greeted by our frog bird bath standing guard over our home and the basket of lobelia and geraniums and thousand bell petunias...

down two short steps onto the driveway and stroll alongside our home (facing east)...



stop at the front northeast corner of the house...
















turn left and walk up two flagstone steps onto our front walk that parallels our home...

and onto our front patio where we sit at the black wrought iron table under the red umbrella to find ourselves embraced by little gardens brimming with gerber daisies, coreopsis, salvia, black-eyed susans, sweet allysum, poppies, verbena, pincushions...
























A slice of heaven for sure.  

No comments:

Post a Comment