ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jimmie Vaughan & Lou Ann Barton @ Artpark!!!

Here we are in Western New York...in Lewiston, NY, hanging out at Artpark on a gorgeous Tuesday night (June 22, 2010), sitting on the gentle slope of a hill overlooking the Niagara Gorge...gazing at Canada across the gorge...soaking up the slant of sunshine under a grey-blue sky...all the while absorbing the fabulous Blues of Austinite musicians extraordinaire Jimmie Vaughan and Lou Ann Barton.

Go figure...we move from Austin, TX, to Buffalo, NY...and then as if kissed by the gods, for one evening, we return in spirit back to the Lone Star State through the tunes of Jimmie and Lou Ann.  Now - that's a winner of a way to enjoy the nighttime if you ask me.  So doing our part...we said "hi" to everyone and smiled as if they were our best friends...yes ma'am, we did our part to help Keep Austin Weird...hidey-ho

Life IS good...the evening proved magical...and the music swayed our souls.  


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If anyone can "Keep Austin Weird" in NY it is you! Thinking of you and yes reading your blog... not often but I will with more frequency.

    xoxo
    Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hidey-ho....thanks and hugs for checking in on the blog...I like your phrase "Keep Austin Weird in NY"...hmmmmm...maybe I can get a gig doing a "Where's KAW (keep Austin Weird)?" by wearing the KAW t-shirt and planting myself here and there in photos of NY outings???? yowza...like that little adventure, I do :-) xo S

    ReplyDelete