ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Friday, July 9, 2010

RED, RED, RED: There's Something About...

...a vase of red gladiolas in front of a sunlit window
(our home in Tonawanda, NY)

...a red bench atop aged, old bricks lining a park path
(community park in Lewiston, NY)

...a solitary red rose in front of sweet lavender
(community park in Lewiston, NY)

...a red fire hydrant on a steamy, 96-degree day
(Cobblestone District in Buffalo, NY)

... red gerber daisies against a backdrop of yellow coreopsis and purple salvia
(our garden in Tonawanda, NY)

...red petunias under a canopy of pink spirea
(our garden in Tonawanda, NY)

3 comments:

  1. Great pics Susie! I just got a new camera -- exciting BUT haven't really learned how to use it yet. I'm working on that! Keep cool! ;-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cynthia...thanks...getting ready to do a "stream" of new posts (yep...I'm way behind in blogging). I read about Ann Marie and Doug's home...how horrible! How are things shaping up for them??? were they able to salvage any of her art work??? breaks my heart! I've kept up with your posts...I love this integrated approach to keeping in touch! hugs, s

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Susie -- You're right -- I wouldn't have thought to go back to this post of yours if you hadn't commented on mine! Complicated, isn't it?

    I haven't talked to them in few days but I'm going down there tomorrow to help her document the artwork. They moved into a very nice rental last week which I haven't seen yet, and I guess things are moving along. Ann Marie and I are driving out to Fort Davis and Marfa in two weeks -- will stay about a week and looking forward to that!

    Your garden is stunning!

    ReplyDelete