ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Monday, October 1, 2012

Autumn Leaves

Today was one of those glorious autumn days in Western New York.  
The cerulean sky was softened by the slow-dancing of lamb's-wool clouds, 
the crisp air was scented by the bold aromas of the earth, 
and the trees in the surrounding landscape blazed on fire 
with yellows and golds and oranges and reds.  
Yes, today was one of those autumn days 
when I was reminded that there truly are 
"a thousand reasons to kneel and touch the ground."  
In my figurative kneeling with gratitude and happiness today, 
my heart soared knowing that one of my first paintings--
"Autumn Leaves"-- 
hangs in a Texas home, 
bringing the beauty and glory of this WNY autumn splendor 
to a dear friend.  
"Autumn Leaves"
acrylic on canvas

In-Joy.



No comments:

Post a Comment