ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Friday, July 13, 2012

Art Show at Enjoy the Journey Art Gallery

As the day dawns in all its glory and
the sun begins to rise,
(along with the mercury on the thermometer...yowza) 
our souls and spirits smile
as we are reminded of nature's beauty.

Indeed, this day's beauty is setting the stage for tonight's 
Art Reception/Opening at 
Enjoy the Journey Art Gallery

Gallery owners, Paulette and Dan Krakowski,
know how to give a party...I cannot wait!

I'm happy to share with you two of my paintings 
that will be on display,along with works by fellow WSAS members,
 in the gallery through August.

Inspired by the fireflies and flowers that grace our hilltop space --
I painted my mind's eye of 
"Fireflies in the Meadow" 
and radiant, luscious flowers in all their "Glory".  

"Fireflies in the Meadow"
acrylic on canvas, 18" x 24"

"Glory"
acrylic on canvas, 16" x 20"

This group show represents works by members of the West Seneca Art Society 
who will be celebrating the installation of their works.

Members of the West Seneca Art Society represented in this exhibit include:
Lucette Banas, Brittany Bauer, Sharon Schasel-Brown, Grace Church, Tom Dalbo, Eve Fadeley, Susie Kelly Flatau, Norm Hornung, Paulette Krakowski, Diane Menchetti, Michael Mrozik, Urbano Pacini, Joan Peck, Joe Reimers, Rich Reimers, Nancy Richert, Mary Claire Rivera, Bernice Smith, Janis Stanek, Sandra Winiasz, Diane Wright & Heidi Zanelli.

Art Rocks!




2 comments: