ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Monday, April 23, 2012

Spring is Just Around the Corner, or so They Said!

Here it is...April in Western New York
...April 23rd as a matter of fact. 
It is usually the time
when leaves are budding out, 
blossoms are beginning to open ever so slightly, 
baby birds and bunnies and 
other little critters are blinking their sleepy little eyes 
to view the world...
but not today, oh, no, today we have
 SNOW!
We awoke this morning to the first tiny flakes 
of snow beginning to fall around 7:45 am...
...for once, the forecasters' were right!  
Go figure.
Lucky for us, we had scrounged through the storage area 
and located plastic tubs
to use as protective covers for the daylilies. 
And so, for your viewing - 
I now give you the day 
as it is unfolding
atop our hill 
on this April day
while the snow continues to fall. 



No comments:

Post a Comment