ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Thursday, April 19, 2012

East Aurora Art Walk & My Art Opening/Reception...yowza

I'm over-bubbling with joy.  

Earlier today, I delivered 
a collection of paintings 
to Ashwood Artisans (www.ashwoodartisansgallery.com)
in preparation for my upcoming
art opening & reception set for May 4th.
As Diane Lehmann (the gallery owner) and I 
looked through the paintings, 
we discussed the various vignettes 
for hanging the works, 
and my joy began to bubble.

Then, I picked up a copy of the local East Aurora newspaper. 
Right there, on the monthly Arts Page
was the article about my art show.  
My joy bubbled and bubbled. 

But, it was as I was leaving Ashwood Artisans 
that Diane handed me the postcard 
for the East Aurora Art Walk... 
and right there... 
top row...
second image from the left... 
was my painting, "Cardinal in Flight"


My joy bubbled up and bubbled over and bubbled out!
I drove home 
feeling deeply humbled by Gratitude.
awash in Excitement. 
imbued with Joy...

I'm thinking a bubble bath 
might just be the most bubble-iscious
way to top off this day!

(more of my new paintings are now posted on 
the Gallery Walk on my website:
and if you're ever on facebook...
check out my ongoing ArtCyberJournal at
Susie Kelly Flatau Artworks

Yowza!

5 comments:

  1. Bubbling and more bubbling, so deserved. I love your work gal from Texas in Western New York! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Susie!!! this is just so wonderful and exciting!! I am over the moon for you! bubbling joy! I think champagne is in order!!! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES YES YES...champagne... it's on order NOW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathleen Berryman ThomasMay 3, 2012 at 1:02 PM

    Susie, I am filled with excitement and joy for you. I can't wait to see your paintings at your "opening reception!""

    ReplyDelete