ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

River Grill on a Sunny Sunday Afternoon













Ahhhh....yes, indeed, summertime is bringing some much yearned for sunshine and laid-back afternoons for relaxing and re-energizing.  This past Sunday afternoon, June 20th, my gal-pal Beth and I headed for a couple of hours of girl-time at the River Grill.  Beth is retiring from an education career (as a 2nd grade teacher) and so we decided to grab a couple of hours and get-away from the chaos that defines the end of a school year and to celebrate her new journey.
Billy McEwen and the Soul Invaders (www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VOy7Dgkbtw&feature=youtube_gdata) were playing at the River Grill on Aqua Lane (don't you love the image "aqua lane" connotes!)...and so off we went.

For a couple of hours we forgot about all of the "to-do" items on both of our Everyday Life Lists as we took in the throaty blues of Billy's band; their music eased our souls while we slowly sipped our drinks (mine a mojita; Beth's a glass of Reisling) and enjoyed an easy conversation.

So for Beth and Susie...that laid-back sunny, summertime afternoon of Blues reminded us both that, indeed....LIFE IS GOOD!


No comments:

Post a Comment