ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Soul Food: Gathering of Dear Friends at Jo Ann's

This morning I woke to thoughts that were circling around the very idea of "Soul".  How do we define soul?  Why do we have a soul?  What happens in our daily lives to remind us about the essence of soul?  Don't ask me why those were the first thoughts that washed like waves upon my waking thoughts, but they were, and I let them ripple about a bit before tossing back the comforter.

And then...after getting out of bed, I stood for a long moment at the open bedroom window.  I stood there, gazing out at the thicket of bramble bushes that obscure our clear and direct line of vision into the woods--woods that invite our new adventures.  Strange though, instead of seeing thorns and briars and the menacing arching branches of the invasive Multiflora Rose that have rum rampant over the many years before we became the new stewards of this land--well, instead of seeing these prickly invaders as blemishes, this morning, they remind me that I believe everything on the planet has a soul.

I will skip the teeny details of the next 20 minutes--coffee with Jack, putting away last night's dinner dishes, feeding Galaia, opening the windows--and dance on over to my NOW.  Now I sit at the computer thinking about what I wish to write about today.  Now I smile at the sound of the geese who are honking their way across the sky.  Now I listen to the woodpecker who is ham-ham-hammering a tree in distress.  Now I watch the curtain that is billowing in the cool breeze that filters through the open transom window.

And in that ballet of small Now-Occurrences, my soul inhales and opens up, and I see the faces of some of the most beautiful women and men who are part of my Soul-Story. Who long ago took up residence in my soul and set up their own little home in my heart.  Who still, to this day, appear in my Soul-Story without as much as a little notice--yes, every so softly and silently they simply appear, floating in as if to say, "I'm here...just dropping by for a little visit."

And so it is that I wish to see their eyes again, shining and happy.
And so it is that I wish to send out my love
in a whsiper to each one of these beautiful souls.

Namaste.


No comments:

Post a Comment