ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Friday, March 23, 2012

Art Installation #1: Cardinal in Flight

I am pleased to announce that my art work has been selected
for inclusion in the Ashwood Artisans Gallery 
in East Aurora, New York, and in
the West Seneca Art Society Spring 2012 Fine Art Show 
at the Burchfield Nature & Art Center
(www.burchfieldnac.org) in West Seneca, New York.  

Connected with each of my paintings there is an "aha" moment, 
a snippet of a story, or perhaps one single word
that sets the painting in motion.  

The story behind this first art installation arose from a recent morning as I watched ten cardinals--five males, five females--play outside the sunroom window.  It was a rare sunny winter's morning for us in Western New York.  And just as the surprise of sunshine on that particular morning lit my soul on fire, so it must have done the same for these cardinals.  

They played.  They chattered.  They hopped and flitted.  And they skimmed the rolling landscape like ruby-red bottle rockets.  They made me happy.  They gave me energy that morning, 
and I wanted to capture what I saw in my mind's eye.  

The final creation:
"Cardinal in Flight"
30" x 40" 
acrylics on stretched canvas

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome, Susie! It's a wonderful swoop of cardinal! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cynthia. I am so in love with the cardinals out here in Orchard Park. They just make me want to "fly". xoxox Susie

      Delete