ARTIST with a YOWZA SPIRIT

Art is Long; Life is Short...
and so, in the true Yowza Spirit of this blog, I will invite
the people I meet, the places I go, the adventures I experience,
and the AHA! moments life brings to be my siren for my
ART and my WRITING.
Here's to the ride.

www.susiekellyflatau.com

Monday, March 15, 2010

Going Green at Malone's Irish Bar and Grill






I've only lived in the Buffalo, NY, area for about two years, but one thing for sure--they know how to celebrate. While St. Patrick's Day is honored by a lot of folks only on March 17--that's not the case here. No ma'am. Things go "GREEN" for a whole week...and I must say that New Yorkers definitely know how to pay tribute to "all things Irish". Last night we joined in the "green movement" with our neighbors Tom and Carole at Malone's Irish Bar and Grill -- and we loved it! Their granddaughter, a member of the Irish Dance group Rince Na Tiarna performed...and they brought even more life to an already pretty lively group of people. These dancers are amazing performers.

Life can't get much better, can it? Spending time with friends, enjoying good food and drink, receiving great service, and all the while toe-tapping and clapping to a professional performance by an award-winning group of Irish dancers...now that's a nice way to experience a little Yowza snapshot of life, eh? Malone's really was a perfect place to toast to life. What a way to create a Yowza memory--embellished with the spirit of St. Patrick, shamrocks, green beer, leprechauns, Irish dancers, corned beef, potato soup, Irish stew, folks donning green hats and boas and beads and glasses and t-shirts and more. Yowza!

No comments:

Post a Comment